The future of laser dentistry is bright. Laser dentistry has been in use for active dental treatments for over two decades and continues to be used for more services every year. Lasers have not yet been adopted by the FDA, but it has been proven to be highly effective with a multitude of dental procedures. For a list of tremendous services that lasers can provide assistance for, see the list below:
– For many professional tooth whiteners, specialized light sources including lasers are often used.
– Lasers are extremely efficient at removing lesions and canker sores from your inner gum tissue.
– If a tooth needs to be prepared for a root canal, lasers can be used to clean away excess tissue.
– If a cavity needs to be cleaned, lasers can ensure the area will be prepared for the placement of a dental filling.
– Lasers can be used to remove a minute amount of gum tissue for an analysis in an oral cancer biopsy.
For an oral examination or professional laser dentistry treatment at Huthwaite & Huthwaite, D.M.D., PC at our dentist office in Gainesville, Georgia, please book an appointment with Dr. Lance W. Huthwaite and our team by calling 770-536-8868. We look forward to hosting your smile!